b.geos has been founded in 2017. It is based in Lower Austria.
Annett Bartsch, the founder and managing director of b.geos, has more than 20 years experience in Earth Observation applications and basic research (publication record).
We provide value-added products, consultancy in remote sensing technologies and applications, as well as training. We conduct basic research in close cooperation with universities and research institutions.
b.geos develops services based on the Copernicus Sentinel missions and high spatial resolution observations from space.
b.geos is a member of the Austrian Polar Research Institute.
Recent research activities:
- European Space Agency Climate Change Initiative CCI+ Permafrost (Role: Science lead)
- HORIZON2020 Nunataryuk
(Role: Contributing partner)
- HORIZON2020 CHARTER
(Role: Contributing partner, WP leader)
- see also our list of scientific publications and projects
- RUS Training: Mapping Arctic lakes from space - A tutorial on Copernicus data access and processing during EUCOP5, 27th of June 2018. E-Learning material available
- Copernicus High Resolution Snow and Ice Monitoring Product - User consultation workshop, Brussels, 7th June 2018:
Landscape of existing Snow and Ice services
- ESA Cryosphere Remote Sensing Training Course,
Longyearbyen, Svalbard, from 11 to 16 June 2018:
Freeze/thaw cycles and rain-on-snow events