b.geos has been founded in 2017. It is based in Lower Austria.
Annett Bartsch, the founder and managing director of b.geos, has more than 20 years experience in Earth Observation applications and basic research (publication record).
We provide value-added products, consultancy in remote sensing technologies and applications, as well as training. We conduct basic research in close cooperation with universities and research institutions.
b.geos develops services based on the Copernicus Sentinel missions and high spatial resolution observations from space.
b.geos is a member of the Austrian Polar Research Institute.
Recent research activities:
- ESA Climate Change Initiative CCI+ Permafrost (Role: Science lead)
- HORIZON2020 Nunataryuk
(Role: Contributing partner)
- 17.05.2019 ESA feature story on Permafrost 'Satellites yield insight into not so permanent permafrost'
- 29.10.2018 Success Story 'Arctic Lakes from Space' on UN space4water portal
Copernicus High Resolution Snow and Ice Monitoring Product - User consultation workshop, Brussels, 7th June 2018:
Landscape of existing Snow and Ice services
- ESA Cryosphere Remote Sensing Training Course,
Longyearbyen, Svalbard, from 11 to 16 June 2018:
Freeze/thaw cycles and rain-on-snow events
- RUS Training: Mapping Arctic lakes from space - A tutorial on Copernicus data access and processing during EUCOP5, 27th of June 2018